Another sad infant death

Leeds Intelligencer
Monday 21 December 1801

TRAGIC ACCIDENT AT POT-OVENS

Lately an unfortunate accident happened to a child at a place called Pot-Ovens, near Wakefield; its mother brewing a small quantity of malt liquor, had placed it on the house floor, in a small vessel, boiling hot, the child playing unobserved near the same, accidentally fell in, and was scalded in such a shocking manner as to occasion its death. It is hoped this dreadful catastrophe will caution those who have the care of children, from suffering them to play so near the brink of danger.